cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Attendant 3.1 directory not working

jeff_stb
Level 1
Level 1

This is the first time that I've setup WA, much less its directory. I've been thru all of the guides and tips on CCO, and I have WA up and running fine and functional. But, I can't get the directory to work for the life of me. I've checked the user names, shares and permissions, and user accounts per all of the documents.

To further chase this, I copied the .mdb files to the local PC and specified where WA can find these independent of the servers. Alas, the directory still cannot be displayed. I even opened the .mdb files to ensure that data was there, and it is populated correctly as best as I can tell.

Has anyone else ran across this issue? Thanks for any advice.

-Jeff

2 Replies 2

amishak
Level 1
Level 1

Web Attendant : IF the directory at the bottom of Web Attendant console does not show up at all , Follow this procedure to register the .dll files. That should fix this problem.

IF the directory at the bottom of WA console never showed up, then copying the database locally will not fix the problem. In that case you use the

following procedure.

1) cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO

2) regsvr32 DAO350.DLL

3) regsvr32 DAO360.DLL

Make sure the .dll files where registered on the clients running WA by executing the commands:

c:\>cd\progra~1\common~1\micros~1\dao

c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft

Shared\Dao\>\windows\system\regsvr32 dao350.dll

c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft

Shared\Dao\>\windows\system\regsvr32 dao360.dll

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF the directory at the bottom of WebAttendant Console Disappears ....that mean works for sometime and then blanks out.

Workaround :

1) Launch Web Attendant --> Click on Settings ---> click on the box next to Cisco TCD Database path ---> Copy that "Usersdb1.mdb " to local drive,

and then point it to that directory on your PC.

or

2) Click one of the column headers (as though you were going to do a search) and the grid refreshes. Sometimes this doesn't work.

I filed a bug CSCdw39982 : direcotory at the bottom of Web Attendant disappears.

But since we are going with new Attendant console ...this ddts will not be fixed.

-Amisha

Cisco Systems

That did it!! I also talked to our corp folks about this, and they're going to schedule downtime for the Attendant Console upgrade to the cluster.

Many thanks for the quick response!!

-Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: