Cisco Support Community
Community Member

WebAttendant transfers calls that cut out

We have a client running a Callmanager solution over 11 sites using a 3662, E1 gateway running IOS 12.2.6a.

They use webattendant at their front reception that handles all general enquiries and transfers them to the relevant department. The trouble is on some transfered calls, the recipient of the transfer hears their phone ring once or twice and then it stops. On ringing back, the original caller complains the call rang out or just went dead.

Has anyone experienced similar problems?

Re: WebAttendant transfers calls that cut out

Hi Chris,

I think this is a codec Issue. If you transfer the Calls the Call manager attempts to play MOH. The default Codec for MOH is U-LAW. If you have A-LAW configured on the voip dial-peer the call will be disconnected. You can change the codec under the dial-peer configuration or under the System Configuration on the CallManager.

Good Luck

Community Member

Re: WebAttendant transfers calls that cut out

I had the same problem. Are you running unity also? If s, check your TSP. I wasn't running the correct TSP version for the versions of CM and Unity we had set up. If you go on CCO, you should be able to find a chart stating what versions are compatable.

Check out this link.

CreatePlease to create content