cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webdialer for Intranet

CHRIS KALETH
Level 5
Level 5

We have Call Manager 4.1.2SR1. Our Intranet has a search feature to find any employee by title, name, or group. After searching for someone it brings up their picture, extension, and a link to email them. How can we setup another link that will call them (using the webdialer). I've it to work using the call mgr link, but want to move it so they just click and it calls the user.

5 Replies 5

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

Look at the WebDialer API Reference Guide, here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guide09186a008042be75.html

You'll find on that page a 'Sample Javascript' section, which has Javascript bits to drop directly into your Intranet directory search result pages. It will make phone numbers Webdialer-clickable.

Couple of questions.

When the call is started via Webdialer will it make the call from your desktop phone or does it require a softphone?

Could this be applied to any telehpone number? Like is I publish a list of our clients via our Intranet could I make there numbers callable from that interface?

1st question, any phone the user is associated with, hard or soft. The first time a user tries to click a Webdialer link they are prompted for a username/password, and then asked to select which phone device they want to use for dial-out.

2nd question, yes it can be used for any number the phone in question is able to dial.

Does any other software need to be installed on that PC -- like cisco TSP?

No, the control protocol conversation is actually between the web server (i.e. IIS) and CallManager.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: