Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Webdialer - get phone to dial without having to press "dial"

We have a in-house People Finder web page that we currently use for both internal & external contacts. It is very straight forward to launch the Webdialer app by wrapping a URL around the phone number. But does any body know how to use the webdialer app to call without having to launch the second window and press the "dial" button?

I just want to do a search on my webpage and then click on the highlighted phone number. I know the first call has to authenticate the user and confirm which device they are using but sureley there must be a way to bypass this on subsequent requests.

3 REPLIES

Re: Webdialer - get phone to dial without having to press "dial"

I have exactly the same question. We use the WebDialer in our inhouse web CRM software. And we want to dial without pressing the "Dial button". Thanks to help us !

The webdialer is a standard webservice. As such, it's fully programmable. The only drawback is that if you write your own client, you cannot use what's already there. Here's the WebDialer API reference guide: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guide09186a008042be75.html

So if you build your own client, you can do away with the dial button (and the manual login and whatever else you don't like in the existing solution).

Silver

We read the webform for the webdialer version that comes with CallManager v4.1(3) and were able to issue the dial automatically with the following url:

http://webdialer/webdialer/Webdialer?destination=XXXXX&cmd=doMakeCall

Please rate the post if it helps

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content