Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

What causes a FXO to provide dial tone?

I have a 2811 with a VIC2-FXO card registered to CCM via MGCP. The voice-ports and dial-peers appear to be setup correctly, also the gateway config in CCM looks good, however when you call any FXO port on the router it plays a dialtone instead of routing to the extension number that is specified in the CCM. In addsion, sometimes the FXO ports just answer the call and remain silent.

I tried rebuilding the gateway in CCM and restarting the FXO ports but that didn?t help. Any suggestions? My config is attached.

7 REPLIES

Re: What causes a FXO to provide dial tone?

It could be that the configuration is not being downloaded from CCM. Do a "show ccm-manager" on the gateway. Does it show the gateway as registered? Under Configuration Auto-Download Information, is there a Current version-id and at least 1 successful download and configuration?

Brandon

It is registered. The "download" and "configuration" show successful when I do "show ccm". There 0 failed attemps. Maybe its a bad FXO card...

Also, this is probably unrelated, but the fan on the 2811 switches back and forth from fast to slow. It switches a few times a second. What would cause that?

Does it show a Current version-id? If so, what does it show?

Brandon

It says:

Curent version-ID: <5142413c-0b82-4879-905a-38ccc6e004e>

Last config-downloaded:00:00:00

Current state: waiting for commands

Then under "Download statistics" it shows "Download" and "Configuration" successful.

Thanks.

I notice in your config that you have "connection plar 1000" under voice port 0/1/0. I'm not sure this would be causing your problem, but it's definitely not necessary. The destination for incoming calls with an MGCP FXO gateway will be determined by the Attendant DN configured in CCM gateway configuration and/or a translation pattern in CCM.

Brandon

Are you doing MGCP Fallback on this gateway?

Is there a associated dial-peer with this FXO port? Do they have "application mgcpapp" or "service mgcpapp" on them (depends on IOS version)?

Have you tried to re-enter the Attendant DN on the CCM endpoint configuration page and update/reset on CCM side? Sometimes I have seen the Attendant DN show blank and this happen for some reason and updating the CCM side and resetting clears up the issue.

Is the Attendant DN set valid - or does it go somewhere that provides dialtone back? Maybe also check the CSS on the CCM FXO config.

I put the "connection plar" in there so that in SRST mode it will route to that DN.

I am using MGCP Fallback, there is a dial-peer associated with the FXO port, I am using service mgcpapp since its a newer IOS, I've already checked the CSS and tried reentering the DN in CCM.

I am going to try rebuilding this one more time, if that doesn't work, I guess my next step would be to get a new card. Thanks for your help

Views
Helpful
Replies