cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What certification covers this?

blazingavian
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CCNA cert. A freind of mine picks up an IAD2430 for us to play with. I'm thinking I would know how to at least look around something like this, but there was on on eathernet port (It has a... I hope I get this right... a Voice WAN T1 card? installed a VWIC at any rate). Today I was looking around and found things like "controller t1" and "framing". My question is... what certification starts to cover this sort of thing? I guess the CSU/DSU is built into the card, so there was no serial interface to configure.

Thanks in advance.

- Vince

5 Replies 5

Jesse Drohen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

"642-437 CVOICE" will cover a lot of that, plus a whole bunch more :-)

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccvp/cvoicev8?tab=overview

Regards,

Jesse

Thanks for the reply. At least I have a start

But what if this were just a data connection? I mean, if the card was strictly a T1 WAN card (such as the

WIC-1DSU-T1-V2) where would this lie (lay?) in the certification track?

Thanks again, and in advance.

- Vince

In all honesty, I'm more into the data side of things than I am voice. I'm not thrilled with going through the first VoIP book just yet (I wished it focused more on one technology, but that's just me). But I would definately like to know how to configure the WAN card, and anything else related to it.

Thanks again

- Vince

Jesse Drohen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a certifications forum, you might want to try there.

~ Jesse

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Okay, thanks

- Vince