Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

What certification covers this?

I have a CCNA cert. A freind of mine picks up an IAD2430 for us to play with. I'm thinking I would know how to at least look around something like this, but there was on on eathernet port (It has a... I hope I get this right... a Voice WAN T1 card? installed a VWIC at any rate). Today I was looking around and found things like "controller t1" and "framing". My question is... what certification starts to cover this sort of thing? I guess the CSU/DSU is built into the card, so there was no serial interface to configure.

Thanks in advance.

- Vince

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

"642-437 CVOICE" will cover a lot of that, plus a whole bunch more :-)

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccvp/cvoicev8?tab=overview

Regards,

Jesse

Thanks for the reply. At least I have a start

But what if this were just a data connection? I mean, if the card was strictly a T1 WAN card (such as the

WIC-1DSU-T1-V2) where would this lie (lay?) in the certification track?

Thanks again, and in advance.

- Vince

In all honesty, I'm more into the data side of things than I am voice. I'm not thrilled with going through the first VoIP book just yet (I wished it focused more on one technology, but that's just me). But I would definately like to know how to configure the WAN card, and anything else related to it.

Thanks again

- Vince

Cisco Employee

Re: What certification covers this?

There is a certifications forum, you might want to try there.

~ Jesse

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Re: What certification covers this?

Okay, thanks

- Vince

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content