cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What do I do with ICS7750 after CCM 4.0.1?

walshda
Level 1
Level 1

Per the EOL announcement, CCM on the ICS7750 wont be available after 4.0.1. What do I do with my ICS 7750 now? I am pretty annoyed as we bought this last February, and I will most certainly be brining this up with my var and local cisco rep, but I also need to have a direction planned out.

Can I continue using the MRPs on the ICS7750 in conjunction with I guess the 3 new HP servers that I will have to buy? Is there anything that I can still use my 3 SPEs for other than some expensive slow server blades? We had two CCM spes and one unity blade.

4 Replies 4

boeningc
Level 1
Level 1

My understanding is that CCM 4.x will be supported on the ICS7750.

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/telephony/ics-7750/ics-compatibility.shtml

Some features of CCM 4.x won't be available if you're using an MRP blade though. I got lucky and there was a problem getting the MRP blade so my Cisco rep had a 1760V shipped in it's place. :)

We bought our ICS-7750 last October. I too am a little upset with the EOL coming so soon after purchase. I believe I even asked our vendor about product life and this never came up. In their defense, they probably didn't know.

At any rate, it looks like the ICS7750 is still useful for IP telephony. Maybe in 5 years or so, start looking for the next best thing. I'm sure MANY things will change in that period of time.

PAUL MORALES
Level 1
Level 1

I can completely relate. We purchased our ICS7750 around the same time and now I have to move to what I was trying to avoid. I have not spoken to my var, but I plan on it this month. Did you get a positive feed back from your var?

I haven't talked to our VAR about it. I don't think it would do any good.

I would be really nice if Cisco would step up and offer faster SPE blades. That may solve some of the issues. There's still the issue of the MRP not supporting some of the new CCM 4.x functionality but that's easily solved with an external router.

I'm not a telephony expert and I don't really have anything to compare to, but I like the 7750. I think it's much cleaner than having a server here and a server there type thing. I gigbit uplink to my powered switches would be nice though but probably not really needed.

Charlie

I'm in the same shoes. We bought our ICS7750 back in Sept. Then they EOL it. I have talked with our SE and not working any promo's they are willing to give me $2800 for the ICS and 3 spe310s. Great Price break, NOT! But I'm buying some other things in July so he and his manager said they would get me some better pricing. I'll have to let you know what I end up getting.

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: