Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does everyone feel about IP Telephony services, How is Vonage?

I just want to find out if Vonage is worth the money or not. Just getting hooked p. Thanks.

3 REPLIES

Re: What does everyone feel about IP Telephony services, How is

I have the basic Home Vonage service. They send you an ATA 186 box, you plug it in and turn it on, plug in your analog phone into port1. You DO need to make sure that you have DHCP on your home/office network, since they don't let you hard code an IP address on the unit. It didn't have any problems registering with Vonage from behind my home firewall with NAT.

You get a web interface that lets you change options on your account & check voicemail.

Voice quality has been very good overall. I have managed to cause a little echo and breakup -- when I forget that I'm on VOIP and start a big download or streaming video while I'm on a call (or someone else in the house starts doing the same). I could probably get rid of those problems by doing compression on my voice calls (you change the setting from your web page) but it's pretty rare so I haven't bothered.

This sounds good to me. I have ordered it and am waiting for it to get here. this is the only problem I have it takes about a week to get the unit. Thanks for the input.

Your connect must be a bit slower. My quality has been just as good as a telephone with no echo or voice dedigration even while downloading. Though I am using Road Runner with 2.5Mbs down/386Kbs up

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content