Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when I press # ????

Hello,

I've a problem with the CCM and overlap sending. Due to an open national dial plan, I use overlap sending.

I noticed that when I call some national numbers, I must wait 8s to receive an ISDN CALL_PROC message and hear the ring back tone. The 8s is a Telco timeout.

As my T302 is set to 5s (I can't set it to 8s because too long), these calls don't work. After the 5s, I get a fast busy tone. However, when I dial the number and then I press the # digit, the call works immediatly.

I tried the debug isdn Q931 on the GW to see what happens when I push the #, but I can't see anything. I thought that a sending complete was sent, but it's not the case.

Can anybody tell me what happens when I push the #, and why the # isn't automatically added to a number after the T302 timeout?

Thanks a lot

jp

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: What happens when I press # ????

normaly if you use overlap-sending the digits will be send directly as they dialled.

you havent wait for t302 timer for dialling in your scenario.

the # key informs the ccm that dialing of digits are completed and the digit will be send to gateway (but with "sending-complete" message in q931)

in overlap-sending you neednt the #.

which version of ccm are you using?

i would not set the t302 timer not under 10 sec.

greetings

mehmet

Hi Mehmet,

The overlap sending is working fine. For almost all number, I dial and the call is set up immediatly.

However, for some number, I've to wait the Telco timeout, which is 8s long. And as my T302 is shorter (5s), the call fails before the end of the Telco timeout.

jp

Bronze

jp,

what is the reason in your setup to set your t302 timer to 5 sec.

you can change the t302 timer in ccm service parameter. as described above to set the t302 timer under 10 sec is to short for some calls (mobile or international calls).

greetings

mehmet

Hi Mehmet,

I need to have a low T302 because of a special need for incoming calls:

The number of my customer is 2478654xxx where xxx is the extension, but the 2478654 without any extension must arrive to the Attendant operator, and to avoid the customers to wait to long, I set the T302 to 5s.

jp

Hi JP,

# stands for end-of-dialing. The moment you hit it, Callmanager stops digit analysis and tries to complete the call.

Sometimes, when you finish dialing a number, the call might set up immediately, but at other times you might have to wait for sometime. This might be due to your dial-plan. There might be overlapping dial-plan in your network which makes CM wait till the interdigit timeout expires and then it connects the call. Check the dial-plan and try to find out which might cause the conflict.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content