cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what image on 3750 to support VOIP?

jerry.mcrae
Level 1
Level 1

i have a new 3750 switch that came with ipbase ios and i need an image to support voip. i looked for downloads on the cisco site but none of the image names told me which support voice. any ideas?

thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Switches don't directly need to support any 'voice' features like routers do - they simply need to be able to run QoS, supply VVLAN info via CDP and so on.

All these things are standard features on all images (Base, IPServices and Adv IP Services).

The extra features in non-base feature sets are mainly to do with dynamic L3 routing.

So, in short, your IPBase IOS is fine. If you want a different feature set the upgrade is licensed anyway so you should by a feature license (which is quite expensive).

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Switches don't directly need to support any 'voice' features like routers do - they simply need to be able to run QoS, supply VVLAN info via CDP and so on.

All these things are standard features on all images (Base, IPServices and Adv IP Services).

The extra features in non-base feature sets are mainly to do with dynamic L3 routing.

So, in short, your IPBase IOS is fine. If you want a different feature set the upgrade is licensed anyway so you should by a feature license (which is quite expensive).

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: