Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

What is a port?

Hi,

We have a small call center, around 10 agents, we want to set up a Cisco Call Manager based ACD, IVR and AA.

It seems that Cisco IP IVR would serve the purpose, but I don't understand "the port". What does it mean? like in the text below from Cisco IP IVR data sheet.

"IVR software-only option will be limited to a total of ten ports, ten IVR ports, ten AA ports, or any combination as long as it doesn’t exceed the ten port

limit. The software-only option includes five IVR"

2 REPLIES

Re: What is a port?

I am guessing based on my knowledge of other AVVID technology that a port is a voice media stream (conversation). This is supported by the statement that it can support so many or a certain combination of different types of ports.

Bob

Re: What is a port?

CTI ports are virtual devices that are handles to an application. For example a cisco IP softphone would connect to the callmanager via a CTI port.

A CTI route point is a virtual device that can handle multiple calls simultaneously all on the same line.CTI route points are typically used by applications to hold calls before being routed.

Example a CTI route point might be a 1800 number that will receive calls and route the call to the appropriate CTI route port.

Views
Helpful
Replies