cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the best way to deploy 200 IP phones?

pambosch
Level 1
Level 1

I have a project with 200 IP phones (7910 and 7960) and CallManager 3.2

I would like to ask for recommendations of the best and fastest way to configure these phones in CallManager and deploy them. Is there anything recommended by Cisco? I was thinking to enable auto-registration and then go in CallManager and change the name and Directory numbers accordingly.

Any other recommendations?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

cseyger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Pambosch,

by 200 Phones use Bat ( Bulk Administration Tool ). You can insert the

Phones, user and Lines in one Step. With auto-registration, it is to long.

Best regards,

Carsten

Thanks for the help,

Is it better to use "dummy MAC address" in the BAT file?

Thanks

gstegmann
Level 1
Level 1

hello pambosch.

we bought a barcode-scanner here, scanned all the devices an created a file for the BAT. works fine, and all phones are configured correctly when they come up.

second advantage : because they are also printed as a pin -code on the backside of your phone , you can simply keep track of serial-numbers in case of hardware exchange.

gerhard

azam_anwar
Level 2
Level 2

Go with BAT and a scanner......... it works fine.

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

You can go with BAT then use TAPS to change the Directory number.

The Bar Code Scanner will work great however with that solution, you will have to mark each phone with the designated ext number. Im going to be facing a simular rollout of 200 + phones in the near future. Im going to take my current phone list and plug it into Callmanager with BAT using Dummy MAC addresses. Then I am going to rollout TAPS... With TAPS, you can deploy all 200 phones easily just grab a phone, set it on the desk. You can then go back through and Dial the TAPS number, then enter the DN you want that phone to be. To me this sounds a little easier then trying to mark 200 + phones with a DN and dolling out the phone to match the user.

I did do it that way with my first building... It was not that bad... Im thinking TAPS will be a bit easier for the next site.

I do plan to place TAPS and the IVR server on its own PC, that way when I am finished I can remove it from the system without too many issues. The Setup was a little tricky at first but mow that I have done it a few times in the lab its no big deal...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: