cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the difference between VWIC-MFT-2E1 and VWIC-2MFT-E1-D1

astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

We suspected an intermitten problem with the VWIC-2MFT-E1 but since we did not have the same card we used a VWIC-2MFT-E1-D1. Unfortunately IOS failed to recognise this card.

We are running c2600-is-mz.122-15.T8.bin

image. What does the D1 indicate. The indicator LED on the card near the RJ45 connector doesn't light and IOS doesn't recognize this card. I am not sure if it is DOA card or may be the IOS needs to upgraded.

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alphonse,

Here is a doc that describes the differences between these 2 cards.It looks like both cards have been supported since the early 12.2x deployment so I don't think that this is the problem. Here is an excerpt:

VWIC-2MFT-T1

2-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk-T1

VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI

2-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk-T1 With Drop and Insert

----------------------------------------------------------

Multiplexed Voice/Data Solutions: 2-port T1/E1 Drop and Insert Multiplexer with Integrated DSU/CSU

These 2-port Multiflex VWICs simplify branch office connectivity by enabling a Cisco 2600, 2800, 3600, 3700 or 3800 to consolidate the functions of a router, a fully managed Drop and Insert Multiplexer, and a fully managed DSU/CSU into a single box. Typically a Drop and Insert multiplexer is used for channelized (i.e. Time Division Multiplexing [TDM]) integration of voice and data onto a single T1/fractional T1 or E1/fractional E1 connection to the CO. Sharing a line can significantly reduce costs over that of two separate physical lines to the CO. While the normal use is for voice and data sharing of a T1 or E1 service, the Drop and Insert capability can also be used for video and data, or data and data sharing of the service (e.g. two routers).

From this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_data_sheet09186a0080091b9c.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts..........

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: