Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the "standard" password for users created by Unity

dcharlier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I know the voicemail password is 12345, but how can I access the default created user by the "bulk import exchange tool" ?

I am trying to connect by http://unity server/ciscopca

after that, the web-page asks for the user and password.

I do not know this one (I tried, cisco, 12345, ...)

I imported the users by the "bulk import exchange tool".

(PS : If I reset the password of the AD user to 12345, then it works !!!)

Many Many Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

in the subscriber template area this is an option to set up what the defaults are for new users. I have not used the bulk import tool but I am assuming that you have or can specfie the template used to creat the users. on the password section there is a spot for default nt password.

hope this helps

scott

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

uversave
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I assume you mean the Cisco Unity Bulk Import Utility from which you import existing users from Exchange/AD into Unity, correct?

We do not give them a new password. They keep on having the same password as they had.

Eg You have a user called ullie and his AD password is pass. Well if you import him the pass will still be pass.

Ullie

I do not import them from exchange/AD, I am using a csv file to create new users (file contains firstname, lastname, alias, extension).

The utility then creates the subscriber and the AD user. However, my problem : I cannot access the activeassistant with these users.

If I go to the AD and reset the subscriber to a password, for instance 12345, then I can access the activeassistant with this username and password.

Many Thanks in advance

in the subscriber template area this is an option to set up what the defaults are for new users. I have not used the bulk import tool but I am assuming that you have or can specfie the template used to creat the users. on the password section there is a spot for default nt password.

hope this helps

scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: