Views
Helpful
Replies

what is the username, password, domain name to access activeassistant

nnoerjanto
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

the subscribers need to access activeassistant from their browser. what is the username, password and domain name should i use to have access?

fyi, i'm using unity 3.1(3a). installing the cisco unity as voice messaging only as its forest and domain with win2000, sql2000, and exchange2000.

when the subscribers try to login through url http://<server name>/web/aa

the menu prompted:

username=

password=

domain=

since i didnt set anything when registering the subscribers, the default value would be:

username= first-letter of firstname followed by lastname

password= 12345678

domain= <unity domain>

but i still couldnt get in.

can somebody help point out what i am missing here? is the username case sensitive? can i leave the domain field blank? what if the subscribers are on different domain with cisco unity?

appreciate your great assistance in advance.

.nur

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

To verify the users account name you can open ‘Active Directory Users and Computers’, click the ‘Account’ tab and then look at the value listed under ‘User logon name [pre-Windows 2000]’.

Then, when prompted, try entering the data is this format:

domain\username

password

Let us know how that goes...

Keith

i found the users account name under the direction you've given me. but it's still not working.

actually the users are on different domain with Unity server. the users are on domain ABC, while the Unity server is on domain UNITY. is this the cause of the problem?

i did try to login using UNITY\username upon getting the prompt when browsing \web\aa, but still couldn't get through and the error message is not authorized to browse the page.

appreciate any input from you.

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

it uses NT authentication. Network username and password and domain

geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: