Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

What is this VG200 and can it do what I need?

Can you help out with what a VG200 does exactly. I have been working on putting a VPN together between four sites (all rather small) with DSL connections. The main site is a little larger and will use 1 DSL for main link and 1 for backup link and internet. I wanted to do this with 1750s at the remotes and a 2611 at the main site. Problem was I needed 3 ethernets with the 2 sdsl connections. I could put a nm2e2w in and get 4 ethernets but that leaves no space for a NM2V for voice(money constraints won't allow a 3600 series). I was wondering how and if this VG200 with a NM2V and fxos could be used to solve my problem for interoffice voice calls. Likewise I will have 1 fxo in each remote 1750, so there will be a maximum of 4 concurrent calls into and out of the main site. Bandwidth is not much of a concern and the data/voice traffic will have one carrier for all locations. Can I connect this VG200 to the fourth port on my 2611 and configure it for pbx to pbx voip between offices?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Silver

Re: What is this VG200 and can it do what I need?

After reading this: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/pcat/vg200.htm I would say yes, it’s probably what you are looking for.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.