cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is this VG200 and can it do what I need?

jeffrey.lawson
Level 1
Level 1

Can you help out with what a VG200 does exactly. I have been working on putting a VPN together between four sites (all rather small) with DSL connections. The main site is a little larger and will use 1 DSL for main link and 1 for backup link and internet. I wanted to do this with 1750s at the remotes and a 2611 at the main site. Problem was I needed 3 ethernets with the 2 sdsl connections. I could put a nm2e2w in and get 4 ethernets but that leaves no space for a NM2V for voice(money constraints won't allow a 3600 series). I was wondering how and if this VG200 with a NM2V and fxos could be used to solve my problem for interoffice voice calls. Likewise I will have 1 fxo in each remote 1750, so there will be a maximum of 4 concurrent calls into and out of the main site. Bandwidth is not much of a concern and the data/voice traffic will have one carrier for all locations. Can I connect this VG200 to the fourth port on my 2611 and configure it for pbx to pbx voip between offices?

1 Reply 1

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

After reading this: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/pcat/vg200.htm I would say yes, it’s probably what you are looking for.