Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

What Unity Box Content

I just can`t find any info. If i buy Unity 4.2. What I get in the box? What software? What else I need to make it work besides hardware and callmanager?

OS comes in the parcel? exchange? Need a link or a comment.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What Unity Box Content

With the HP or IBM server comes platform configuration discs that will install OS and also setup up your raid controllers, etc. You dont get a h/w detection disk with the Unity discs. You only need the platform config discs to install the OS in Unity server.

HTH

Sankar.

PS: please remember to rate posts!

3 REPLIES

When you buy Unity, you get a box with a set of discs. This will contain, Unity software discs, Unity service packs, Data store (SQL) disc, Message store (Exchange) etc. Along with the server (in the box) you will find one or two discs which are the platform configuration discs which setup raid and basic Windows operating system on the server. Once you install the OS, you need to find the mac-address of the server and note the address.

You will also have a sticker on the box (UNITY-4X.CQ...) or something similar. This number is called the Product Authorization key. (PAK number). You will need to email the mac-address you previously noted and this PAk number to licensing@cisco.com.

They will email you a license file in text format. This license is required for installing Unity.

HTH

Sankar

Hi,Sankar. As I understand, I get OS disks with MCS. And If I use HP or IBM server - do I get the OS?

When we talk of callanager - I get OS disks in the package. And here? There must by a way cisco checks my hardware to match one of the supported platforms.

With the HP or IBM server comes platform configuration discs that will install OS and also setup up your raid controllers, etc. You dont get a h/w detection disk with the Unity discs. You only need the platform config discs to install the OS in Unity server.

HTH

Sankar.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content