Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

What Up with Bulk Edit...

Unity 3.1(3)<br><br>Bulk Edit version 3.0 131<br><br>I have to make a bunch of changes to about 600 subscribers and decided to use the fantastic tool. When I try to do a bulk update on a particular COS it grabs a different COS at random. It never selects users from a COS that you define.<br><br>Am I doing something wrong here?<br><br><br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: What Up with Bulk Edit...

hmmm... that's a new one. Trying it on a couple test boxes here I don't see that. Let me walk through that code and see what might be tripping it up...

is there any pattern to the selection (i.e. is it one off in the list or something)?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Community Member

I did notice a pattern for a while. Here is what I was doing.

1. Build a new COS.
2. Reassign users from one COS to the new COS above.
3. Build a Template. Put new COS in template.
4. Use Bulk Edit to Make Caller Input changes on new COS.

The pattern that I was seeing is that when I selected the latest COS within the Bulk Edit Tool, It would give me subscribers from the previous COS that I created.

Sooo... I was using that pattern for a while, Build COS run Bulk Update and edit Caller Input from the previous COS. And then when I built the next, and did an Edit... I would actually edit the previous COS. Sounds weird.. I thought so to....

This pattern just went away after about 6 or so. Now when I do bulk edit it will "at random" give me back any COS that I built.....

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
N/A

I figured it out... rookie error.

I stored the display name in the drop down list you can see and the alias in a hidden list box you can't see and I link them up by their position in the list.

The visible list was marked to be sorted and the hidden list was not so things would get jumbled. I changed both to not be sorted (i.e. the COS list will be the order it's pulled from the DOH). This cleared the problem up... I wasn't seeing it since all my display names and aliases happened to match so they were sorted into the same order.

Ping me at my corporate email and I'll send you the updated version. I'll also post it on AnswerMonkey tonight.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Community Member

works like a champ!!!!

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content