cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what wan interfaces is connection admission control available on for voip and AVVID?

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

what wan interfaces is connection admission control available on for voip and AVVID?

I was talking to an engineer and I think that the gateway function for monitoring interfaces is a proxy for CAC and its only supported on certain WAN interaces. What are they?

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

For voip i would think you mean H323. We do have CAC

support on voice gateways. The feature needed is

Call Admission Control for H.323 VoIP Gateways and its suported in

12.2(8)T 12.2(4)T 12.2(4)T3 12.2(4)T1 for most platform e.g

175X , 26XX, 36XX etc.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122limit/122x/122xa/122xa_2/ft_pfavb.htm

For Avvid , i.e ca;; manager the CAC is done using "location" and maybe "region" for calls admission

over Low speed WAN bandwidth.

Say you have two site A and B with call manager located in site A, you might say site A is in region 1 in a Lan location using

bandwidth of 100,000KB/s. Also put site B phones in region 2 and limited to the WAN bandwidth so we put

site B devices in location WAN using say 128KB of bandwidth.

If we used default codec for all phones, then at g711 using 80KB of bandwidth, only one call would be allowed to be connected over the wan link

by the call manager, because it deduct the bandwidth uses presently from that available 128 - 80 =48KB/s. No other calls is admitted on that bandwidth.

However here's were region comes in. You set all phone in region 1 to use g711 over LAN and g729 for communication with device in region 2 and vise-varsa the remote devices.

Now if a call is connected between region 1 device and region 2 device, g729 is used hence the bandwidth deducted is 26KB and we can still admit more calls at 26KB till the bandwidth left after each deduction can support one voice conversation.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_1/sys_ad/3_1_2/ccmsys/a02cac.htm