Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

what web services are available with ccm 5?

I've been through formal channels and have read through whatever dev docs I can find but still am unsure about what all I can do with web services and CCM 5.

I can manage the phones with AXL. I can do some rudimentary calling with webdialer, but it does not seem to support features like transfer, barge, etc. There do not seem to be any SOAP interfaces to things like voicemail or presence information either. Am I looking in the wrong places or are the only options here JTAPI/TAPI?

I'm working on a call center project and am trying to figure out what all I can do here. Thanks for any pointers.

2 REPLIES

Re: what web services are available with ccm 5?

AXL is a management service. As such, you can do stuff you can do with the ccmadmin page - in some ways its more powerful, in other ways less powerful. For instance, you can create phones, users, gateways, routeplans, and edit and delete those things.

Anything CTI related and dynamic telephony features requires a CTI API instead, so TAPI or JTAPI. If you want details on what exactly you can do, you need to read through the (J)TAPI develpment docs. In case of JTAPI it has a section on which JTAPI features it supports and which it doesn't.

Re: what web services are available with ccm 5?

That's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

Views
Helpful
Replies