cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Whats going to happen to the forum?

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

any news and what cisco is going to do with this forum? itd be a shame if they took it down.<br><br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

I don't have any firm info on the long term plan at this point... it's actively under discussion.

Currently the plan is to just keep this forum right here for a while until they figure out how they want to handle it. The interface out here might change to be different colors/logos and the like but it'll probably be just like it is now for a while.

Longer term we'll have to see. I'm definitely pushing to keep the open discussion group type interface that we have out here. While it's been somewhat of a "Jeff's Answer Barn" so far, other folks are getting their Unity-legs under them and answering questions on their own. That's what I was shooting for when we started this forum.

If the forum itself is simply moved to be hosted "in house" or if it's integrated into an existing newsgroup Cisco hosts or whatever is decided on down the road, I'm confident we'll keep this type of forum rolling and it'll be available to everyone. I have an inbox full of messages from folks saying they like the forum and want to keep it around so I'm pretty sure we're on the right track here from a customer support standpoint. All the rest is just details...

I'll definitely let folks know when a decision is made on this matter. But for the short term we'll keep just using this forum.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg