cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where am I phone feature?

slongewa
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone ever deployed or heard of a service that would allow a user to put that they are for example at lunch for 1 hour, and then have it appear on another users phone? We used to have something like this on our Ericsson system 100 years ago, and the president here thinks it would be great to implement, and can't understand why it wouldn't be a part of the Cisco Call Manager's feature set. My reasoning for it not being there would be that you can forward to a cell phone or an attendant when out of the office so why would you need it, but I would be really interested to hear about anything similar that someone has deployed.

Thanks,

Steve

4 Replies 4

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

You can use the callforwarding feature in CCM to forward the calls to the appropriate number based on Time of day.

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

I'm not sure if I understand what you need by have it appear on another extension. Are you referring to other phones displaying that the user is available at a different extension or route all calls to a different extension.

If it is option 1, then I dont think this is possible as of now. For option 2, as mentioned in the previous post, you can do a Call Forward All to another extension, cell phone, PSTN phone.

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

You might be able to do this in Unity Connection with the Personal Call Transfer Rules

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

There are commercial products available out there which can help you do this. PhoneTop Status does something like this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: