cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where did all the saved messages come from?

jwb
Level 1
Level 1

We created a new Unity 4.01 server, imported our Exchange users and all seems fine except everyone has anywhere from 50 to 200 saved messages. We didn't move any messages over from the 3.x server so there shouldn't be any saved messages.

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, Unity didn't add those messages (you can verify this by checking the sending date on the messages - dollars to doughnuts they are stamped well ahead of when Unity was installed). so if you didn't import them over from your old system then where they came from is a mystery to me...

What are the messages? Voice mail? NDRs? Old emails? I guess that's where I'd start in trying to figure out where they came from. Unity wouldn't have just auto generated a bunch of read messages during install, however...

Is it possible that Unity is seeing old voice mails from the previous system that are in deleted items of our mailboxes and calling them saved messages?

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

nope - Unity only has access to the inbox - we can't "see" into the deleted items folder so that wouldn't be it.

Ok, I have some users that once I deleted all their old voice mails from Exchange deleted items they stopped getting that message. Others didnt have any to delete from deleted items. They go into the system from their phone and try to play them but can't. Then to delete them it takes a minimum of two trys then about 30+ seconds to delete.

Hi -

Was your previous voicemail system also Unity, or at least unified messaging (i.e. integrated with Exchange)? Unified messaging voicemail is stored in the Exchange information store, not in the Unity voicemail server (also not in Avaya voice servers that are integrated with Exchange). So when you imported your users into Unity, they came with whatever was in their inboxes already.

Regards, Ginger

Yes, it was Unity 3.x unified with Exchange