cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where did the "voice message box" field go in CallManager v3.3(2)

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

In version 3.1(2c) - under Directory Number Settings, the Voice Message Box field allowed us to use shared mailboxes.

This field is gone in v3.3(2). Is there an alternative?

I know I can configure Unity subscribers with alternate extensions, but there is a limit of 7 or 8, and I have not been able to search on these alternate extensions.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Lelio

3 Replies 3

dugrant
Level 4
Level 4

You can use VoiceMail profiles to change the mailbox ID. Manipulating the Voice Mail Box Mask will allow you to change the mailbox ID.

From what I gather, I would require a seperate VoiceMail profile for each shared mailbox I would be using. If I had 10 shared mailboxes, not too bad, but I could see us sharing hundreds of mailboxes between our subscribers.

Anyone know why that field was removed?

The field was removed and changed for the profiles method to make the system more flexible and easier to follow.

Think about it this way.

I have 12 extensions, 3 sales, 3 support, 3 admin and 3 directors, the sales and support want to share a mailbox, admin and directors want their own.

The old way meant that I simply put the same number into the voice mail box option on the line for sales and support and the mailbox number into the settings for the other phones. I then go on Holiday and the person covering for me now has a problem and try to investigate it. but all they have is numbers which do not point out why the mailboxes are the same.

Or I could apply a profile called sales and a profile called support to the relevant group phones and a profile called default for the other handsets. It's much easier to read and follow.

It's also more scalable. I can now have one unity VM for multiple clusters and simply apply a mask to everyones mailbox to prefix the mailbox with a site code, say 21xxxx, 31xxxx, 41xxxx etc. rather than manualy having to change the entry for every handset.

See, lots of reasons why the new way is better.

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: