Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where is the 79XX internal tone generator woth 3.2.1

Hello,

Has anyone also found the the internal tone generator

on 7940/60 (**3) have disapeared with CCM version 3.2.1.

It was never documented in CCO ( then not supported we could say )

I have FW P00303020100

7 Replies 7

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

I think you have to unlock the phone's configuration to use it now.

Let me know if this helps,

-Mckee

Hello both,

Can you explain what is the "internal tone generator" on 7960/40? And that magic **3?

I was unable to find any docu related to that on CCO.

This is a tool that we can use to troubleshoot echo problems. It is just a tool we use to troubleshoot echo.

Thank you,

-Mckee

OK I'll bite. How does this work?

I figured out part of it.

I made a call on a 7960, pressed the "i" button twice, then pressed **3 and I no get a "Tone" softkey. I press the Tone softkey and the person I called hears a continuous tone. Only way I found to turn it off is to hang up the call.

I'm interested to know of any other tests that can be done from the phone **2 does the quick reboot though its not documented are these for Internal purposes only ?

The **2 does not just do a quick reboot of the phone it restores it to the factory defaults. That is what actually causes it to reboot. I am not sure what the stance on these things are as for as Cisco is concern whether they are internal as you put it. They are merely troubleshooting things that were built in to help us solve customer issues.

Thank you,

-Mckee

HMM maybe Cisco should document these troubleshooting techniques so support people and avvid engineers could troubleshoot various scenarios with less complexity

dont you think ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: