cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

whereabout of the database of voice only user

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

We have a customer they have an existing exchange 5.5. ANd they would like to have 100 VM only user and 100 UM user. I know for UM users the voice mail will store in the exchange database. My question is: where is the voice mail databaase of these VM user? The way I am thinking if they are just VM only user I even don't have to set up email box for them. Thanks a lot.<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

There is no special database where voice mail only messages are stored. You need to create mailboxes in Exchange for voice mail only users, you can hide them if you wish. When you create subscribers via the SA this is done for you automatically provided you granted the rights to do this to the install account during setup.

all messages are stored in Exchange mailboxes directly. Only when Exchange is down are they temporarily stored on the local Unity server and delivered when Exchange is back up.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Then what's the differnce from UM and VM only user, if they all can get Voice mail from email?And also how can I differenciate VM user and UM user from configuration point?

Thanks a lot.

Not applicable

the difference between a VM only and a UM user is that the VM user can't get at email over the phone (i.e. no TTS licenses) and is not licensed to use VMO at the desktop (it's assumed they don't have an Outlook CAL for desktop message access at all).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: