Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Avaya Integration?

We have an Avaya G3R PBX that we want to integrate with Unity. Unity 4.x appears to have two Avaya integrations that might fit the G3R:

Avaya Definity G3 DTMF

Avaya Definity Gx/PBXLink

I know next to nothing about Avaya's PBX's; would a G3R be a "G3 DTMF" integration or do I need a PBXLink box?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Which Avaya Integration?

Either integration should work for you. The main difference is cost will be...

- in-band DTMF integration requires Mode Code feature on the Definity

- serial SMDI integration requires one or more PBXLink devices

Feature-wise, they are similar however with the PBXLink you can get Forward to Busy Greeting. The in-band DTMF cannot provide this.

Support-wise, in-band DTMF may be a bit less work because no 3rd party hardware (PBXLinks) is required.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Either integration should work for you. The main difference is cost will be...

- in-band DTMF integration requires Mode Code feature on the Definity

- serial SMDI integration requires one or more PBXLink devices

Feature-wise, they are similar however with the PBXLink you can get Forward to Busy Greeting. The in-band DTMF cannot provide this.

Support-wise, in-band DTMF may be a bit less work because no 3rd party hardware (PBXLinks) is required.

Thanks. If I recall, the "Forward to Busy Greeting" is a unique greeting that Unity can play when the destination Unity subscriber is on the phone as opposed to a standard greeting for no answer. The caller would get the standard greeting instead. Is that correct?

Cisco Employee

Yes, that is correct. Basically this feature requires that the phone system provide us with a Forward Reason Code. Without this we just route all forwarded calls to the standard greeting.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content