cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which equipment I have to buy for... ?

reo
Level 1
Level 1

I have several locations, head office in city A, branch office in city B, and 5 small offices in the same city (B).

I have 2Mbps channel (leased line) between head office in city A and branch office in city B. In head office I have PBX.

I need equipment which will allow me to have 2 voice E1 channels (VoIP) and about 1 Mbps data in my 2Mbps channel. In data channel I need posibility to give channels with guarantied bandwidth to my small offices.

5 Replies 5

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

I am a little unclear on exactly what you are trying to do. Are you planning on just doing toll-bypass with cisco routers with voice cards? Is there a pbx in city b or will that be a cisco callmanager?

Thank you,

-Mckee

About city b: it will be connection to POTS.

Yes, it will be routers with voice cards. But I need to guarantee banwidth both for voice and data connections.

Data connections for small offices to head office will be.

I am still a little confused. Are the E1's going to be voice interfaces or data. What are the voice interfaces going to be? You should be able to guarentee the bandwidth for each application with Low Latency Queueing.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Equipment have to be with E1 voice interfaces and with E1 interface for connect routers to each other.

You can get 2600/3600 with an nm-hdv-1e1-30 for one E1 or nm-hdv-2e1-60 for 2 E1's.

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: