Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Which Model Phones support Secure RTP?

I only find documentation for the 7970 phone to support SRTP. Will Cisco ever support SRTP for the lower numbered models?

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Which Model Phones support Secure RTP?

Authentication and encryption support for the 7940 and 7960 series IP phones was introduced in CallManager 4.1(2). The IP phone firmware that enabled this was version 7.0(2).

Setting the 7940 and 7960 up for encryption is less convenient than the next-gen phones, because they lack a MIC. You absolutely have to go touch the phone and help it create and install an LSC. This can be worth it if you already have a large installed base. In actual use they're fine.

The new 7941 and 7961 phones are based on the same next-gen platform used by the 7970, so they have a MIC. With the enhanced user interface, the greater capacity for new features down the road, and the minimal price difference between these and the 7940/7960, you should really look into using these for new installs.

I don't represent Cisco, but to my knowledge we aren't ever going to see crypto on any of the lower-end phones.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content