cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Who is logged in

dyorke0403
Level 1
Level 1

I have 5 users that log onto an CUCM attendent console. They are located in different parts of the building. Is there a way for each of those users to see who is currently logged in.I am thinking either by a button assignment or plugin. If not for all users is there a way for 1 users to see who is logged into that AC_Group.

2 Replies 2

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

There is no facility built into AC to provide this information. It may be possible to get some of the information you require using performance and monitoring tools. For example the CUCM 6/7RTMT tool can provide stats on various AC data but is not really an end user tool.

The link below shows the AC stats that can be viewed:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/managed_services/rtmtdeftalrt.html#wp1048925

It would probably be possible to develop an app that could query the CUCM database using AXL and present the stats to the operators. I am not a developer so I have no idea how hard this would be.

In any case AC has been end of lifed and will no longer be supported in CUCM so I would look at migrating to a product such as Arc Enterprise or the Cisco Unified Attendant Console.

Yes you can do this you have to be a bit creative and use https or a web page to display this real time info.:

The actual realtiem performace monitor field you need to look for is:

ClientsOnline :

This counter represents the total number of Cisco Unified Communications Manager attendant console clients that are currently online. Attendant Console clients include all users that are configured in the Attendant Console User Configuration window in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration that are currently online. This number increases by one for each client that goes online and decreases by one for each client that goes offline.

Other related details are:

Cisco Unified Real-Time Monitoring

The RTMT runs as a client-side application and uses HTTPS and TCP to monitor system performance, device status, device discovery, CTI applications, and voice messaging ports. RTMT can connect directly to devices by using HTTPS to troubleshoot system issues. Cisco Unified RTMT performs the following tasks:

•Monitor a set of predefined management objects that monitor the health of the system.

•Generate various alerts, in the form of e-mails, for objects when values go over/below user-configured thresholds.

•Collect and view traces in various default viewers that exist in RTMT.

•Translate Q931 messages.

•View syslog messages in SysLog Viewer.

•Work with performance-monitoring counters.

In addition to SNMP traps, Cisco Unified RTMT can monitor and parse syslog messages that are provided by the hardware vendors, and then send these alerts to RTMT Alert Central. You can configure RTMT to notify the Cisco Unified CM system administrator when the alerts occur. The notifications can occur by using e-mail or Epage or both.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/managed_services/rtmtdeftalrt.html#wp1055879

Please rate helpful posts.

thanks,

Baseer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: