Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Cisco IP Telephony

Hello guys,

I know this forum is for technical issues but I didn't know anywhere else to go for help.

Tomorrow, I have a presentation in front of 10 people and have to convince them to buy Cisco IP Telephony solution. I am a technical person and have no experience in sells. This is my first presentation and my boss asked me to use PowerPoint. I need to give those people some valid and solide reasons in order to convince them to replace their old system with Cisco IP Telephony. Could you please help?

Thanks,

BT

4 REPLIES

Re: Why Cisco IP Telephony

Most C type people want to know what do they gain from moving to IP telephony. Also they are very much interested in knowing how much time it takes to get ROI after investing tonnes of $$ in buying a new phone system..

MAC is a big advantage with IP Telephony. WIth their existing pbx, they may be paying t&m costs on a pbx tech to come out and do moves add changes..With ip telephony, mac is a breeze. anybody with enough knowledge to use a browser and a pc can figure out how to add a phone.

Also with ip telephony, you can easily move a phone from one place to another without rewiring (in the pbx world)

I would try to gather their existing communication costs per month per site (if there are multiple sites). They may be able to save a lot of money with toll bypass between sites. Cisco has a ROI calculator with which you may run the communications costs they incur today and this calculator will tell them their ROI.

Space used up by old pbxes are huge. With Cisco IPT your servers may use as many as 2 to 6 rack units. This is a huge savings in rack space or room space..

These are some of the things that i have used in the past and have been very successful.

HTH

Sankar.

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Thanks Sankar, These are really helpful.

Are you aware of any existing PowerPoint Presentations that I can use for tomorrow? Or is there anywhere that I can go to find some ppt slides?

Thanks,

BT

I am a firm believer in not using power point presentations especially in pre-sales meetings. Powerpoints can create a feeling of disinterest among the listeners. I would use the white board as much as possible if you can. This will let you display your skill set which earns you more trust in your first meeting with the client.

Also i found a link that may be of help ..top 5 myths about ipt.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns165/ns268/networking_solutions_white_paper0900aecd80104370.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/cdc_content_elements/flash/cisco_uni_comm_3tab_web/flash.html

But I can't go against what my boss asked me to do. He wants me to use PowerPoint. If you have any slides please send me. Here's my email address:

btajkarimi@yahoo.com

Thanks,

BT

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content