Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Why do I get echo only when calling certain people?

I am seeing an issue where I get a very bad echo only when calling to or from certain people. For the most part the system has no echo, but when I call certain individuals, or they call us we get a very bad echo. I am seeing this on two different systems. Both are using MGCP gateways one is a VG200 the other is a 4006AGM. I have echo-cancel coverage configured on the interfaces. Again I see no echo for 98% of the calls, but one or two have a very bad echo. And I can call the same person time and time again and get the same echo…

4 REPLIES

Re: Why do I get echo only when calling certain people?

what type of phone line is the person on the other end? pots line, digital t1, or voip?

One person, is using a Definity G3 system connected to a PRI line, In not sure what the others are...

Cisco Employee

It's possible that one person has a phone whose volume is turned up high, or whose handset/headset/speaker does not do a very good job of acoustic echo cancellation. Or, if it's an analog phone on the G3 you're calling, the echo could be created by the hybrid involved in the digital-analog conversion.

In any case, you should be able to tune the echo by adjusting the dB level settings on the gateways. Try something like output attenuation 6 and input gain -4 on the voice ports.

I had the same problem, I was given a beta load for the Ws-6608 which has worked quite well. I belive this code brings the echo cancellation feature to WS-6608 previously available on IOS GTWYS.

Views
Helpful
Replies