Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Why do I get N/A on all my CDR Analysis

Callmanager version 3.2.2spH

Codec G711Ulaw 64k

Gateway VG248 running latest IOS to allow Fax Relay between an IOS Gateway and a VG248

Why is it when we run the CDR Analysis and reporting tool we get N/A in the QoS column? We ran the test over a several day period and N/A is all we got on the report.

We are trying to find out why our users have problems faxing.

2 REPLIES

Re: Why do I get N/A on all my CDR Analysis

I don't have a suggestion on the CDR stuff, but I do on the VG248. Fax Relay is enabled by default on this device. You need to telnet to the device and disable fax relay on every fax machine. Also, if you have a MGCP PRI as a gateway (6608) then you need to "deselect" Fax Relay on there as well. Make sure your voip dial-peers on your IOS gateway have codec G711ulaw configured. Disable vad also.

Re: Why do I get N/A on all my CDR Analysis

Hope this explains some of the QOS info.....

CAR generates Quality of Service reports. To qualify the data presented in those reports, CAR uses predefined values that are set about voice quality. Specify the value ranges that are good, acceptable, fair, and poor for jitter, latency, and lost packets. If a call does not satisfy any of the criteria set for the four voice-quality categories, it receives a classification of NA (not applicable).

Enter NA to ignore the values of a parameter. For example, a QoS parameter such as jitter, has NA, and the QoS is defined as good. This means that the QoS depends only on the values of latency and lost packets. All three parameters cannot have NA as values. Infinity designates the maximum value that is available for any parameter. If you specify a rule where a jitter value from 500 to Infinity is considered poor, a call with jitter greater than 500 receives a classification of poor.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_3/service/serv332/ccmsrva/sacarrpt.htm#82651

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content