Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I have to purchase a CCM license with a 7941 phone purchase?

What are the uses of a CCM license from the 7941-CH1 versus not having to buy one, i.e. the 7941 without the CH1

5 REPLIES

Re: Why do I have to purchase a CCM license with a 7941 phone pu

Licensing is not enforced up until 5.0 CCM. Every IP Telphony end user is supposed to purchase a license (paper agreement) for each phone that they purchase. The Ch1 bundle has the phone and license cost added together. If you buy the 7941 without the CH1, you still have to buy the license (SW-CCM-UL-7941)..

Either ways you pay the same amount of money

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Can I use a 7910 that's no longer in use for the 7941 license?

AFAIK,

Licenses cannot be exchanged.

Has anybody got a definitive statement on ways of transferring licenses between phone models?

We have a customer with a lot of 7910's that wish to upgrade, CTMP is fairly useless for this compared to the cost of a license which they already have.

Silver

Hi,

Are you using CM 5 yet?

I have been told by Cisco:

If you have original Cisco SO / PO numbers for license purchases, then you can email license team and they will generate device pool licenses for CM 5 for you.

You would probably end up having to add some more though as a 7910 is worth less points than a 7940 or 60 for example.

If it is on CM 3 or 4, it is just a legal thing, you would have to purchase new licenses and handsets. Maybe your Cisco AM could help out with pricing! :)

The CM 5 licensing looks complicated at first, but I think it is better. At least we have some tangible licenses now, instead of a filing cabinet full of the same sheet of paper! :)

Cheers,

Tim

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content