cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why does Bulk Edit say it set the Alt. Transfer Rule Active?

steesk01
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading to Unity v4.02 from v3.1.3, DB Walker reports that all Subscribers have a Null Exit action. Same DB Walker ran clean on v3.1.3 prior to upgrade so not sure if this was caused by upgrade.

Anyway, I am attempting to fix this using Bulk Edit for Subscribers to modify the Conversation Exit to "Hang Up". Did a quick test on a few subscribers and Bulk Edit log indicates the following changes:

>>>

Alternate transfer rule set active

Exit action value set to: 1

Exit conversation name set to:

After message object ID cleared

>>>

Are all of these edits related to setting the Conversation Exit to "Hang Up"? I am more concerned about the Alternate Transfer Rule being set to Active. Alternate Transfer is used for a Call Handler to override Standard and Closed transfer rules, but where is it used for a Subscriber and why was it modified by Bulk Edit for this change? Want to make sure this is right before I apply it to 1500+ users.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

OK... the exit conversation option for subscribers was added in 4.0(1) - prior to that it used to be hard coded to go to the opening greeting call handler created by setup - this is why you didn't see the error on your 3.(x) system.

The alternate transfer rule should _always_ be active for subscribers - subscribers only use one transfer rule as opposed to applicaiton call handlers which have three (standard, off hours and alternate). BulkEdit checks it and forces the alternate transfer for subscribers (more to the point primary call handlers - see the Audio 'Text Applications in Unity doc on the Documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com for more details) to be active.

BulkEdit isn't going to touch your application call handlers while sweeping through your selected subscribers so this should not be a concern. As long as the folks you ran the quick test on look OK, you can let it rip.

Great. Good explanation - thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: