Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

why does hook transfer acts as flash transfer on analog phones?

Hi,

I am using 2600 Route as MGCP gateway for four analog phones connected to Call Manager.

I have configured Cisco 2600 router for each dial-peer and also have added hookflash-in to enable hook transfer for those phones.

During the testing, I have noticed a rather peculair behoavior on behalf of analog phones during the transfer.

When I place a call from 7960 to an extension number for analog phone, the phone rings and two parties can initiate a conversation.

Then, I tried transferring the call from analog phone to another 7960 phone on the same call manager I press hook for a split second, after which I get a dial tone. I dial an extension number of another phone AND... BEFORE I can do anything else, the TRANSFER COMPLETES! The problem is, I do not want transfer to complete until I press hook again. In other words, I want to talk to the third party, tell them who I am transferring and why, and only then complete the transfer.

Can someone please tell me if this is a router setting that I missed or is it something else?

Thanks,

Vic

1 REPLY

Re: why does hook transfer acts as flash transfer on analog phon

I found this doc which tells you to use the feature code #2 before dialing the 3rd party. Although this is a VG248 document, it might work for your 2600 MGCP g/w as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps2250/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080087f51.html#24036

Views
Helpful
Replies