Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WIC-1B-S/T used as a voice card

Hello there,

I think I've read that the subject card could be used for accessing carrier ISDN switched network for voice (as the VIC-2BRI-S/T) with one ISDN port instead of two. I could not find any substantial support to this claim. Is just a metropolitan legend or is there anything true about this?

If yes any pointer to configuration examples and documentation would be apreciated. If not, thanks anyway :-)

Fabio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: WIC-1B-S/T used as a voice card

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

:-)

Thanks, I tought so but I needed to make sure.

Customer was insisting and opening a case for it was an overkill.

Fabio

2-Port ISDN BRI Card

There are two 2-Port ISDN BRI voice interface cards for the Cisco 2600 series and Cisco 3600 series routers.

The ISDN BRI S/T voice interface card provides a client-side (TE) ISDN S/T physical interface for connection to an NT1 terminating an ISDN telephone network. Each of its two ports can carry two voice calls (one over each ISDN B channel), for a total of four calls per ISDN BRI card.

The ISDN BRI NT/TE voice interface card has the same capabilities as the S/T card, but can also be configured to provide a network termination (NT) interface with phantom power.

The Cisco 1751 router supports the ISDN BRI NT/TE voice interface card, which you can install in any WAN or voice interface card slot in the back panel of the router.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/cis2600/hw_inst/wic_inst/wic_doc/conntwan.htm#xtocid260028

Thanks for the infos, but this is no exactly what I was asking. Maybe I was not clear and I apologize. I was asking if a WIC-1B-S/T A wan card could be used to carry voice traffic like a VIC voice card.

Apparently not.

Views
Helpful
Replies