Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Wierd 3.1.4 Post Upgrade Problem

I upgraded to Unity a couple of nights ago and now have some users complaining that when they try check their messages they hear "please wait while I transfer your call" followed by up to ten seconds of on hold music before they connect.

It looks like all the people that are affected are using shared phones (break room type setup). The phone has a generic extension and a voice mail box is not defined in call manager. When I try dialing Unity directly (7770), I get the same result on any phone that is configured like this.

Other than that the upgrade went smoothly. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dean

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Wierd 3.1.4 Post Upgrade Problem

Since these people are calling from shared phones, I'm assuming the extension they are calling from does not have a mailbox. In this case they would recieve the main auto attendant greeting.

From the main auto attendant greeting, users must pres the star key. Once they press star they will be prompted for their ID which is their mailbox number, after entering their mailbox number they will be prompted for their password.

That's the way it used to work before the upgrade. Now they get the call transfer and hold music before they get the main auto attendant greeting.

Cisco Employee

Sounds like the main auto attendant greeting is missing, so the system is answering and following the next action, which must be to tranfer to the operator or something. Check that you have an Opening Greeting recorded.

Views
Helpful
Replies