Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

wierd delay or cut off beginning of message on remote calls...

I'm running CM 3.3(2)SpB and CRS3.0(3).. I've got a number of remote gateways in different cities and I'm using CRS as my auto attendant.

When I call in to a gateway thats local and the call is a G711 call, the CRS system works just fine... no wierd delay, the welcome prompt plays as expected.

When I call into a remote gateway, the call is a G729 call across the wan, and the CRS server answers the call. The first maybe second or 2 gets cut off and the prompt plays starting in the middle... Obviouslly, I can add a second or so of silence in the prompt, but I'm wondering why this is happening.

This behavior didn't happen on my older CRS3.0/CM3.2 implementation, it just started with my new set up.

-J

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: wierd delay or cut off beginning of message on remote calls.

Its not exactly the same problem, but you might want to look at this bug .

CSCdy35885 - Clipping on inbound calls from H323 GW with 600ms delay between offh

This happens when there is an OLC setup delay.

HTH

Sounds like what's happening here... the same delay happens with the phones too.

-J

Bronze

In this particular case, the issue was intermittant, and one common thing was that all the calls which had this behavior showed caller id as unknown. Anywas, cisco TAC gave a temporary solution to reboot the gateways and it solved the problem for quite some time.

HTH

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content