Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will fxo-to-fxs "connection trunk" voip work using bridge-group?

I have two 1751 routers , connected via a full T1 serial link. One router (routerA) has a VIC-2FXO card, to which are connected two PSTN pots lines, the other one (routerB) has VIC-2FXS card, to which are connected two 2500 pots phones. RouterA's ethernet interface attaches to a PIX, that PIX providing DHCP leases and connectivity to our corporated LAN.

I desire to use transparent bridging to relay DHCP and data from the PIX, to routerA, over the T1 link, to routerB's ethernet interface, and any lease-requesting host that may be on that network.

I already have the above-described WAN configuration working, all except the voip component.

Here is the big question: Is "connection trunk" voip NOT allowed when using bridging?

I have many voip over frame relay implementations running, so I am comfortable with the configs, but it seems that when I type "dial-peer voice xxx voip" the IOS flags the line at "voip".

All I want to do is haul the two phone lines, and ethernet over the T1. Why am I unable to do it using bridging?

Thanks in adv, etc.. etc...

Phil Kearney

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Will fxo-to-fxs "connection trunk" voip work using bridge-gr

Cisco Employee

I dont think this will work with bridging using VoIP. You could make a VoFR trunk and it would not care about the bridging. The command should take anyway..check the feature navigator for voice support as Kevin suggests....

Silver

You cannot run VOIP using bridging. The voice ports on the router are effectively an 'interface' in the same way as a serial port or ethernet port, so IOS needs the routing to be running to transfer (route) the data from the voice 'interface' to the outgoing interface. Therefore you will need to re-enable IP routing and point the dial peer to a remote IP address even if it still on the same subnet.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content