Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Will ICM router B stay active?

If I have a situation where router A fails and router B can see more than half of the PGs, router B will become the active router and continue to process the calls. But what happens if I lose more than half of my PGs before router A is brought back on line? Will router B, now that it cannot see router A *and* it cannot see more than half the PGs, go inactive? Or since these events happened is succession will router B stay active?

Thanks

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: Will ICM router B stay active?

Joel,

ICM wants to route based upon valid real-time enterprise information; this is one of the reasons why there is a mechanism count Device Majority. No one would want ICM to make enterprise routing decisions on a small percentage of accurate information.

To your questions: if the count goes less than majority then the B side Router will bounce and attempt to restart. Without the majority count, the Central Controller service won’t go active (i.e. Router B won’t return).

/Jeff

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.