cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will MWI light up if there is new text email in the exchange store for UM

d-tay
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to this unified messaging. Since Unity Unified Messaging use the same exchange storage to store voicemail and email.

I will like to know whether MWI light for IP phones will light up if there is new email message in the exchange message store.

If yes, is there anyway to turn it off so that MWI will only light up for voicemail messages only.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

steven.brummer
Level 1
Level 1

The answer is "No, the phone light will not light up if there are unread email messages in the mailbox". Here's why:

Email messages are of the message class type "IPM.NOTE", Unity Voicemail messages are of the message type "IPM.NOTE.VOICE.UNITY". The MWI looks for messages in your inbox of type "IPM.NOTE.VOICE.UNITY" that are unread. If it finds any, it will light the phone up.

When the messags are subsequently read, the light will go off on the last message to be read in the Inbox.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Since it's pretty late I will answer what I know and letr the Unity crew get more detailed in the morning.

I can safely say that by default the MWI does not light on new e-mail. My installations have been such that the MWI only comes on with new voice mail and that voice mail is accessible either through your supported e-mail client or the phone.

steven.brummer
Level 1
Level 1

The answer is "No, the phone light will not light up if there are unread email messages in the mailbox". Here's why:

Email messages are of the message class type "IPM.NOTE", Unity Voicemail messages are of the message type "IPM.NOTE.VOICE.UNITY". The MWI looks for messages in your inbox of type "IPM.NOTE.VOICE.UNITY" that are unread. If it finds any, it will light the phone up.

When the messags are subsequently read, the light will go off on the last message to be read in the Inbox.

Hope this helps,