Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Will RSPAN work for Voice Monitoring between Switches across a Router?

Hi folks,

I have a voice logger + IPCC installed @ a central site, with a couple remote sites involved. Typically, its a WAN scenario where PSTN calls are routed from the central site to the remote sites via a 3640 router. As such, I've read about RSPAN'g across different switches, but w/o any mentioning of via a WAN link, over a 3600 router.

I will appreciate very much if any1 has any experience doing a RSPAN between switches across a WAN link successfully..:)

Much Thanks!!

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Will RSPAN work for Voice Monitoring between Switches across

I do not believe that you can rspan across routers *yet*. You'll need to set up remote monitoring at the point of demarcation between the switches that support rspan and the rest of the network. I seem to recall hearing that Cisco is working on a technology for doing this, but I don't have any details.

HTH,

Joel

Blue

Re: Will RSPAN work for Voice Monitoring between Switches across

If all calls are coming into the PSTN connection at the central site you can still monitor/record PSTN calls, just not agent to agent conversations. Just SPAN the IPCC Recording/Silent Monitoring server and the port on the switch that the voice gateway is plugged into. If you would like to record agent to agent calls you can have a recording/monitoring server at each site starting with CRS 3.1.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.