cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will the Cisco acquisition affect this forum?

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I was curious if this forum will be going away due to the acquisition of the Unity division by Cisco. Since that is officially complete now, I thought that it would be a good time to ask.<br><br>Personally, I really really like the forum and the kind of impromptu answers posted here. I think it is a great credit to the support department and to the product itself. I hope that this forum will be around a long time, but I also know that that may not be possible. Thoughts?<br><br><br>--<br>Jeremy Williams, Systems Engineer<br>Professional Network Services

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

I'm working hard to make sure the forum sticks around and is a public "discussion" format we have out here. The forum will be staying right where it is for a while until Cisco decides where they want to host it.

The look of the forum (i.e. the colors, logos and such) may change soon but we'll try and keep the content and format the way it is.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

FYI, there appears to be a problem with the ActiveVoice.com domain. You may want to investigate and I don't know how else to reach anyone...

--
Jeremy Williams, Systems Engineer
Professional Network Services

Not applicable

Don't worry... the AV email resolution is still working (i.e. I'm still getting email from folks out here), but if you ping the global WHOIS right now you wont see any registered servers for that domain name there... they're in transition, however you should still be able to get to their web pages OK as it'll be cached.

Changes in the Global Registry Service are taking an extrordinary amount of time right now for some reason... the changes to my "AnswerMonkey.net" domain from last Thursday are STILL not picked up in the global WHOIS ping yet. I don't know what the deal is...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

You know, I would give that a second thought.

I administer a few DNS servers, and I can't get root hints for you anymore on any of them. I think the modify made to your NSI record on the 23rd of this month had an error in it. As of the last database update at 07:04:10 EST last night (Friday), you don't have any nameservers anymore.

At any rate, I can't send email to the activevoice.com domain or get to the website. It is also not local to my DNS, I checked some random nameservers and you are not in cache, and because you don't have root nameservers, out of the DNS tree altogether.

--
Jeremy Williams, Systems Engineer
Professional Network Services

Not applicable

Hmmmm... ineresting. I can send email to AV addresses from both of my personal ISPs (AT&T and US West) and can also get to their web site.

I did notice the name servers were empty on with WHOIS ping. I'll definitely let the AV IS folks know there might be a problem at play.

thanks

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: