cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will the VG200 support Modem's attached to FXS ports

pauls
Level 1
Level 1

We have a VOIP network of VG200s trunking PBX's over a fiber network (3512's LX and SX links) , there is a need to attach Hvac (heating and air systems) modems (USR modems 33.6 ) to the VOIP network using FXS ports. We have 3 2620 routers working fine with this config, but we want to use the VG200's rather than swapping them out for 2620 routers...cost is a major factor...will the VG200 support modem modulation ????

2 Replies 2

MARTIN STREULE
Spotlight
Spotlight

I had successful modem connections.

We have been at a new customer site without internet access and I needed new SW. I could download SW with a modem connected at a VG200 from CCO.

9600 was the fastest I was able to make.

Anyway, I'd recommend you read carefully the docs, release notes and *test this in your lab* whatever it takes.

If it's not running, try to change the IOS which runs on the PSTN-gateway router.

I have the latest IOS on the VG200's..our main test is modem modulation from one modem attached to a fxs through the vg200 to another vg200 fx modem

Hvac --33.6 Modem --> FXS-->VG200--fiber --VG200---->FXS-->Modem--PC

the PC is the Hvac eng. where he can run a control app on the Hvac..

We have the above config working fine with 2620's but the cost is to high for all the remotes to be updated from VG200's to 2620's

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: