Cisco Support Community

Will Unity ActiveAssistant website still function in 4.0(3)?

Hello -

Although I have a number of enhancement requests submitted for the ciscopca interface (I've been testing 4.0(2) in the lab), I doubt they will make the 4.0(3) release. My question is - will I still be able to make the unityserver\web\aa site available to my users without them getting redirected to pca? I do not want to use pca. I want to upgrade to 4.x and give our customers the flexstack feature they have been asking for, but I don't want to have to go through retraining them on a completely new interface. Nor do I want them to have to go through several steps to just get logged on, when they do not have to do that today.

Thanks for listening.

Sincerely, Ginger

Cisco Employee

Re: Will Unity ActiveAssistant website still function in 4.0(3)?

Checked with the client folks to be sure - no, you can't use the old AA pages in 4.0(x) - the files will be removed entirely in 4.0(4) and in earlier versions of 4.0(x) they're only there to serve as a redirection to the CPCA pages - if you go in and force the redirection off, by the way, the pages wont load properly (I tried it as a test this morning).

We simply can't maintain two sets of end user admin pages moving forward so the old AA pages had to be retired.

Also, you have the ability to allow passwords/login/domain name to be cached on the client's PCs for a set period of time if you like - this way folks using the PCA only have to log in once and then they get in directly after that.

Re: Will Unity ActiveAssistant website still function in 4.0(3)?

Hi Jeff -

Thanks for checking and for the update! I will look at the caching of the client information and test in our lab with 4.0(2).

Sincerely, Ginger

CreatePlease to create content