Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WIN2k license

Hi<br>Recently we ordered the following Unity server package. <br> UNITY-SVRX232-1A IBM x232 rack; 512MB; RAID 1 (W2K included) <br>But I couldn't find the license key for Windows2K either from IBM server CD or from Unity CD? Do I need it? Thanks <br><br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
6 REPLIES
Gold

Re: WIN2k license

The license key is printed on the front of the white CD case which the Windows 2000 Server CD is in.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Diagnostic Engineer
Voice Network Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks.Inside the server box there are three CDs, one of them looks like a OS CD, which indicates it's IBM server xSeries 232 OEM, but there is only a IBM part number :48P7896 on it. I think that's not a license number.

Gold

You should have a brown box with a green Cisco sticker on it. Inside of that box is where the OS CD will be. Inside of that box will be all of the other Unity CDs and the purple USB dongle too.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Diagnostic Engineer
Voice Network Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Hi Keith

There isn't any OS Inside the CD case. We are going to install this for customer soon. Can I call any departmnet in Cisco to veirfy this? Thanks

The OS does not come with Unity. The OS would come with the server (hardware) purchase if it comes from Cisco, or if it comes from 3rd party they would have to supply on their own if not bundled with that machine.

Hi

Here is my question at the very beginning of this quesiton regardnig the win2k license.

Recently we ordered the following Unity server package.

UNITY-SVRX232-1A IBM x232 rack; 512MB; RAID 1 (W2K included)

But I couldn't find the license key for Windows2K either from IBM server CD or from Unity CD? Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.