cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIN2k license

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi<br>Recently we ordered the following Unity server package. <br> UNITY-SVRX232-1A IBM x232 rack; 512MB; RAID 1 (W2K included) <br>But I couldn't find the license key for Windows2K either from IBM server CD or from Unity CD? Do I need it? Thanks <br><br><br>

5 Replies 5

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

The license key is printed on the front of the white CD case which the Windows 2000 Server CD is in.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Diagnostic Engineer
Voice Network Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Not applicable

Thanks.Inside the server box there are three CDs, one of them looks like a OS CD, which indicates it's IBM server xSeries 232 OEM, but there is only a IBM part number :48P7896 on it. I think that's not a license number.

You should have a brown box with a green Cisco sticker on it. Inside of that box is where the OS CD will be. Inside of that box will be all of the other Unity CDs and the purple USB dongle too.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Diagnostic Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Not applicable

Yes, I saw all the CDs in the brown box. Among of those CDs , there are 2 CDs related to OS2000, but it says "Additional Localizations CD1 and Cd2", but I didn't see installation CD. Will it be possible Cisco didn't ship the CD to us or we have to order OS seperately from Microsoft, but it seems the server we ordered should includes OS. Thanks

Possible but not likly. You're looking for Unity Operating System 2000.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Diagnostic Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.