Helpful
Replies

** Windows 2000 SP4 qualified **

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Note from the program management for Unity:

=====================

Windows 2000 SP4 is now qualified as an optional service pack for Unity 4.x, 3.x and Bridge 3.x server. If you are running Unity 4.0(2) or lower, you must install Unity prior to installing Windows 2000 SP4. For details, please refer to the "Compatibility Matrix: Required and Recommended Third-Party Service Packs" doc. Thanks.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_pre_installation_guide09186a00801245c3.html#30827

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Jeff -

Thanks for the update! I checked the compatibility matrix and for the new 4.0(3), it says "Windows 2000 Server SP 3" under the enforcement section. I will be upgrading from 3.1(5) to 4.0(3) and the server is currently running Windows 2000 Server SP 3. Should I perform the Unity upgrade to my 3.1(5) server first, then complete the SP4 upgrade? Should I likewise upgrade to Bridge 3.0 prior to applying SP4? I am currently protected by MS03-026 on both my Unity and bridge server. Thanks for the additional clarification in advance :-)

Sincerely, Ginger

yeah, I'd upgrade Unity to 4.0(3) first and then apply SP4.

Not sure on the Bridge but since SP4 was only tested/qualified on the 3.x version of the bridge I'd upgrade first and then apply SP4 there as well just to be safe.

Hi Jeff -

I do not see a Win2K SP4 update on Cisco's site for either Unity or the Unity bridge. Does that mean I may use the standard SP4 upgrade from Microsoft following my upgrade on the servers to 4.0(3) and 3.0(2) respectively?

Thank you :-) Ginger

yes, that's correct - you'll need to get those directly from Microsoft since we don't currently bundle the SPs and hot fixes for download - it's something that's being worked on along with a notification system for updates along these lines.

Hi Jeff -

Cool! Thanks for the confirmation - I have the service pack downloaded and plan to install it a week following my Unity 4.0(3) upgrade.

Sincerely,

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: